Ten Great Reasons to Join Kristie's Piano Studio
- Kristie loves to get to know each of her students well, so that she can tailor lessons to fit each student's particular goals and interests. She enjoys teaching both students who want to play for fun and more serious students who would like to participate in competitions.
- Kristie's foremost priority as a teacher is to help her students learn to teach themselves. Independent learning skills are valuable in all areas of life, particularly schoolwork.
- Kristie cultivates creativity in her students by teaching a range of musical skills, including improvisation and composition.
- As a professional musician with over fifteen years of experience performing throughout the US and internationally, Kristie has the capability to take those students who are serious about playing the piano from the absolute beginning to the advanced collegiate level.
- Kristie is a nationally award-winning musician known for her impeccable technique, beautiful tone quality, and precise rhythm. She is committed to imparting these qualities to her students.
- Kristie uses her strong background in music theory to help her students understand how music is put together, from the simplest concepts of key and meter to complex theories of phrasing.
- Kristie has been privileged to study with wonderful, internationally respected teachers. She loves to learn and is active in the musical community, both online and locally. This allows her to continually add to her knowledge of the piano and her teaching skills.
- Kristie's piano studio is a nurturing environment where students of all ages and all levels feel safe, welcome and supported in their musical journey.
- Kristie's studio offers a baby grand Kawai piano for use during lessons, affording students the opportunity to experience a high-quality instrument.
- Kristie regularly schedules studio recitals and group classes, which help keep her students excited about music.
Most importantly, Kristie encourages all her students to have fun playing the piano!